Sunday, October 28, 2007

Good morning,
















YES ! it was a good morning.

I was at my tree stand before dawn. not much happened until about 8:00 am when two deer went by me, they hung around for about 15 min. then three more went buy and were hanging in the flats when I heard behind me the brush cracking. I saw him come to my left and I could have taken a 25 yard shot in the brush but I passed. He went to the flat after the doe. Then to my surprise he came right at me. He stopped about 20 yards away behind a big oak tree. I waited and waited, seamed like for ever, with the bow now drawn I leaned out of my tree stand and let one fly. Shooting down out of the tree stand and downhill the arrow hit high on the back. I saw him go down to the flat again and up the other side. I found him about 150 yards. I had to drag him back into the woods and back down to the flats to clean. I knew I would not be able to get it back up the hill so I called Kris. He came and helped drag it up the hill to the car. I would have never got that deer up the hill with out Kris's help. Thanks again Kris.

No comments: